Thursday, October 8, 2009

PCO Takes The Green!

Welcome to Pro Challenge Online, a new blog site that will give Ontario's race fans and look inside this growing series.

Let's start with a little background.  As a professional motorsports journalist, I make a living covering racing, traveling all over North America and the world reporting on competitive karting and open wheel formula car racing.  I also have a not-so-secret desire to get back to the short tracks of Ontario where grew up.  As the son of a former Super Late Model driver who spent many a Saturday night at Flamboro Speedway, it should come as no surprise that I am now the owner of a Pro Challenge car that I intend to campaign in selected events next summer.

I had been watching the Pro Challenge series develop over the past couple of years, and I thought that it was a great car for Ontario's tracks.  However, it all came to a head this past September when I had a weekend off and drove over to Flamboro to check out the action.  I knew the Pro Challenge cars would be there for their finale and I really wanted to see how far they'd come.  I was thrilled to see 17 cars in the pit area and was pumped after they put on a great show all night.  I immediately went to work seeking out a car in the US, and the rest is history.  I'll be on-track with the series for a handful of races in 2010.

Now let's look at 'Pro Challenge Online' and what I plan to do with this blog.  The media sources in Ontario and Canada do what they can, but there is only so much room to provide really solid coverage of the many different series in the province.  I know personally how good the Pro Challenge racing is and I believe that by building the fan awareness of the class and its drivers, we can make it one of the most followed and supported traveling series in Ontario.  So, this blog will focus on the drivers and the series, letting the province's race fans learn more about the pilots who will be out on track all next year!

If you like watching the Pro Challenge Series, book mark this page and become a 'Follower'....we're going to have alot of good stuff here!

Enjoy,

Rob Howden

No comments:

Post a Comment